Search This Blog

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Golden Nugget Cherry Tomato


I had to quickly water the garden tonight en route to a going away party for one of the priests on campus. As the late afternoon heat really got under way, I watered the plants in the garden in the midst of a lot bees working diligently on the blossoms that will soon be raspberries. The flowers on the remaining two cucumber plants (of the seven I planted) were the first bright yellow surprise. And then, after the hose had been turned off I made my inspection of the plants--what was looking good, better than last time, or not as good as last time--and I saw them, two bright yellow golden nugget cherry tomatoes. I plucked them right then and there and ate them then and there, too. Still warm from the sun, they were sweet and had a bright, fresh tomato taste. There promise to be some more of them in the days to come and green tomatoes are setting in on many of the plants. It truly is a summer miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment